Normal cleaning and maintenance
We recommend that upholstery with cowhide be vacuumed regularly with a soft brush and on a low to medium setting. To avoid unnecessary wear and tear of the cowhide, always vacuum in the direction of the hairs.
Special cleaning – stain removal
In the case of spilled liquids, soak up the liquid with a clean cloth as soon as possible. The stain is initially removed by gently dabbing with a clean cloth or sponge soaked in warm water. Avoid getting the cowhide too wet and always wipe the skin in the direction of the hairs so that the water and dirt do not seep further into the hairs. Wiping over the entire surface should be done quickly so that stains are avoided.
Since cowhide is a natural material, there can be significant variations in color, pattern and hair length. Avoid placing furniture with cowhide in direct sunlight.Avoid using detergent or chemical cleaners.
Don't place near sources of moisture
Humidifiers and exposure to other types of moisture can damage wood's finish.
Use a damp, 100% cotton cloth for dusting wood surfaces. Dry thoroughly
Synthetic fibers can cause surface scratches.
Place protective materials under anything that will touch the surface
Place felt pads under lamps, computer equipment, clocks, etc. Use a protective pad when using a ballpoint pen, coasters under beverage glasses and avoid setting anything hot on your wood furniture.
Use non-plastic mats or pads to protect the tabletop
Plastic or rubber materials can cause an undesirable reaction with the finish, therefore avoid plastic tablecloths, placemats, and table top accessories.
Mold and Mildew StainsMildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances if not removed from the fabric.
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and one-fourth cup mild soap per gallon of water.
- Spray on the entire area and allow to soak into the fabric for 15 minutes.
- Clean the entire surface area with a sponge, clean towel or very soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry.
- For severe mold/mildew growth, bleach quantities may be increased.
- It is best to clean the entire surface area of the fabric to avoid water rings and stains.